Wool is amazing. It’s breathable. It’s a natural fiber. You can re-use it multiple times before having to wash it (yes, seriously, once every 2-3 weeks for washing is sufficient).
Simply put, wool is an fantastic option for a cloth diaper cover. Many folks use wool covers at night to increase air circulation and also the absorbency of their nighttime system as wool can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling wet.
But it’s just as great for daytime and we drool over the adorable sloomb underwoolies. These are a super duper trim wool cover, available in a range of fabulous colors, that nicely complements any fitted or prefold you care to place underneath.
Final word? Sloomb underwoolies are adorbs. No doubt about it.
sustainablebabyish Knit Wool Covers, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways…
1. You are made of wool. Wool is awesome. Nothing makes me feel like a “natural” parent (ie: hippie parent as my friends say, which I don’t find insulting) more than covering my wee one’s bum with wool.
2. You breath. Air flows in and out, and when my little babe wakes up after a long sleep, her bum is cool, not hot and damp. You are wonderful for hot summer evenings when you wish your little ones could just sleep naked. Putting wool anywhere near your baby on a hot night seems wrong, I know, but trust me, it is oh so right.
3. Your scent. I won’t lie. Wool smells incredible. It’s a natural fiber that will pick up any scent, baby’s scent or your favourite scented lanolin such as Woolybottoms Lovespell!
4. Your beautiful colours. Changing every season! Sloomb has the best wool colours! They are truly unique, always changing. But always beautiful.
5. Your absorbancy. Do you know that wool can absorb 30% of it’s weight before it starts to feel wet? I didn’t believe it until I tried it. And I am convinced! My sloomb wool cover will even work overnight. My favourite diapering combo is a sloomb snapless fitted cloth diaper with a sloomb wool cover. The Best Thing Ever! Get ready for a good night’s sleep!
Oh Sloomb wool covers, I love you so!