Back in May, in what seemed to be the month of babies and bellies, we had the chance to meet so many fabulous new and expecting parents at the (fittingly named) Bellies to Babies Celebration. We offered up a FREE Cloth Diapers 101 E-Course which many parents signed up for and are now well versed in the “how to” of cloth diapering. We handed out lots of advice, showed many dads how much money they could save and how to deal with poop and showed moms how absolutely cute their sweet little babes would looked wrapped up in a cloth diaper. We also spoke to a great group of parents during our mini Cloth Diaper 101 session at the show.
We are pleased to announce that Mom-to-Be Amanda R. is the winner of our “Sign up for our Gift Registry” Contest and has won a great Cloth Diaper Starter Kit!
Amanda, we have put together a fabulous starter kit for you!
What’s in your cloth diaper starter kit?
Value of more than $150
Amanda, we have sent you an email. Please contact us by June 19th at 5pm to claim your prize. If we do not hear from you, we’ll randomly select another winner.
Thanks for playing everyone! And enjoy your new babies!!
PS – The next show is in September. Register now for early bird benefits!
For those of you who didn’t know…we were blessed with a daughter mid November. We are two whole months into this adventure. Some nights, it feels like it’s been forever and some days, I look into those two month old eyes and it’s like it’s the first time…ever.
I seem to have forgotten so much about the intensity and the sheer wonder of having a newborn in the house. I sure forgot about how many diapers there were! Though I say it over and over again at workshops and to clients over the phone and email, you really do change diapers every couple of hours…all day long!
So what have we learned?
- You can start cloth from day one! Our little one entered the world and landed on a soft cotton diaper.
- There are some diapers that work better than others for those first weeks when you are contending with a baby that has a healing umbilical cord and is still all curled up like they are still confined to the walls of a uterus
- They poop a lot and it can be runny but lo and behold, we have not had leaks (with cloth, that is!)
So having a store FULL of product to choose from, what did we love?
- A Hemp/organic cotton flat with a Snappi and a Bummis Super Brite in Newborn (love the notch at the front) and the diaper’s ability to fold down the front to make it ride under the umbilical cord stump
- A Kissaluv size 0 was fantastic with respect to fit, ease of use and it’s ability to hold in the poop. The umbilical fold down in the front is a bonus. These were paired with the Bummis Super Brites.
- A good ol’ cotton prefold – I could adjust it right down and with the folding technique we show you at the workshops, it really does work. I loved that there was no elastic squishing those sweet little thighs. So cost effective too, though a little bulkier of the options.
- Monkey Doodlez Newborn All-in-Ones. A super trim fit with super cute colours. My favourite night time solution along with…
- AMP All-in-Ones as they required one step and no thinking which is perfect at 3am!
- And lastly a new product that we have been trialling for you…to be announced soon.
In celebration of our new learnings, we have put together a “Cloth from Day One” sampler kit for you to trial. Our mistakes and successes passed on to you. Check it out – we only made a limited amount of these kits and when they are gone, they are gone…!
Here’s to all you parents diapering and feeding at 3am – I’m right there with ya!